Hating on us will get you baked. And then there will be cake.

We're on Twitter!
@nullreview

We have a Gmail!
nullreview@gmail.com

We're also on Google+!
Null Review

Oh, and we have a YouTube Channel!
NullReview

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cave Story Three-Dee

I celebrate Christmas, as I'm sure some of you do, so It is logical to assume that I got something for Christmas. And, in doing so, you would be correct. I got 200$ from my uncle, who lives in Montreal. 100$ was for Christmas, and the other half was from my birthday, which was in October (the 9th, to be exact). I decided I would go out and get a 3DS game. At the time, I didn't really know what I wanted, but when I saw that Gamestop only had one copy of Cave Story 3D left, I decided to buy it.


Anyhow, this is my review of the game.

The game has a nice classic feel to it, while adding the new effects nicely. You have two options for graphics. You can choose to play with the new 3D characters and objects (such as Life Capsules and Save Points), or you could play with a 3D world, but with the original 2D sprites, and thankfully, both are amazing.

The gameplay is just what I had expected it to be. The characters have exactly the same lines, and unfortunately, Balrog doesn't say "HUZZAH!!!" when he appears in the shack. Other than that let down, the game is a good amuser, at least until I feel like hauling my lazy ass out to buy another iTunes gift card.

I give Cave Story 3D 89 Huzzah's or lacktherof out of 100 Huzzah's or lacktherof.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky, I'm getting something that is $15. I have to wait until The price drops so maybe a $10 game. At least there is Steam Sale Season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just have to post that review of Cave Story+...

    ReplyDelete